Picking up Nickels

Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Shopping: Are you holding out for a better deal?

Once of the purchases that I want to make before the end of the year is a new loaded desktop PC, and I have already been holding out for a few weeks with the hope that Dell will offer a more attractive deal. It turns out that I'm not the only holiday holdout though, since today CNNMoney.com has an article about shoppers waiting for a better deal.

According to the article, a survey by America's Research Group found that about one third of shoppers will wait until the day before Christmas to finish their shopping. Approximately 82 percent of those shoppers said they're looking for discounts to reach 50 percent.

Although I did take advantage of some 50% off deals and coupons at Kohls, the majority of my savings has been due to free shipping deals and the Google Checkout Discount at toysrus.com. Hopefully my 2006 shopping will be finished off by scoring a 30% discount on a Dell Dimension computer (Dell, are you listening?).

3 Comments:

  • I have to ask though (to people in general not you Mr. Frugalson), is scrambling through a suburban war zone on the eve of one of the most peaceful holidays worth saving the few extra bucks?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/4/06, 2:21 PM  

  • War zone? ;) That's why I do 95% of my shopping online.

    By Blogger Frugal Frugalson, at 12/4/06, 3:27 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/4/07, 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home