Picking up Nickels

Monday, December 18, 2006

Our 2006 charitable donations

As I finalize our charitable donations for this year, I wanted to give a shout out to Jim at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity for his American Cancer Society Charity Drive.

We have a few charities that we have supported for several years since their goals match up with people that have touched our lives:

  • American Cancer Society: This charity is near and dear to us due to loved ones that have faced the horrific diagnosis of cancer. Chief among these is my wife's mom, who lost her battle with lung cancer at a very young age.
  • Dana-Farber Cancer Institute: Unfortunately, the cancer theme is a reoccurring one for us. A family member diagnosed with leukemia and a friend diagnosed with multiple myeloma have both received wonderful care at Dana-Faber.
  • National Multiple Sclerosis Society: This charity is important to me since I lost an aunt to MS and my cousin was diagnosed with MS last year.
  • A local church food share: This food share was started and run by my wife's late grandmother. It's primary focus is to help struggling local families keep food on the table.

On a side note, we have donated to miscellaneous charities over the years, but one touched my heart this summer when a friend related a personal story of the ongoing financial struggles of organ transplant recipients:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home