Picking up Nickels

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dude, I finally got a deal on a Dell!

In December, I mentioned that I have been on the lookout for a deal on a Dell desktop computer since early November.

I finally found a decent deal on a desktop meeting my requirements yesterday in the
Dell Factory Outlet:

  • Refurbished Dell XPS 410
  • 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor with 4 MB L2 cache
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 320 GB RAID-1 array
  • Microsoft Windows XP Pro with Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Business

The outlet price for this system was $1,239, which is about $500 less than a similarly configured new system.

My final cost with a 2 year on site warranty, sales tax, and free shipping was $1,300.93. I was also able to save 2% of my purchase price (about $26) by shopping at the Dell Outlet through the referral link at
Ebates.com. As long as this system doesn't end up being a lemon, it should make a great replacement for the aging Pentium IV system I have been using since 2002.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home