Picking up Nickels

Friday, November 03, 2006

Grocery Deal: Make money buying Pringles

Shaw's Supermarket is having a Proctor & Gamble promotion (through November 9th) where you get a $3 checkout coupon with the purchase of 3 participating P&G products or a $10 checkout coupon with the purchase of 5 participating P&G products.

For my money, the best way to approach this deal is by purchasing five (5-6 oz.) cans of Pringles potato crisps, which are on sale for $1 each. Doing so will put an easy $5 profit in your pocket simply by spending $5 on Pringles and receiving a $10 checkout coupon for your trouble.

This deal could be even better if you have happen to have some Pringles coupons on hand, but the coupons from the 10/1/06 Proctor & Gamble coupon booklet have expired and the previews for the 11/5/06 Proctor & Gamble coupon booklet indicate that no Pringles coupons will be included this week.

3 Comments:

  • HAha. Hilarious. Too bad pringles are bad for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/4/06, 12:41 AM  

  • Healthy or not, I'll take the free five bucks. :)

    By Blogger Frugal Frugalson, at 11/6/06, 2:58 PM  

  • I bought my five cans of Pringles last night and have my "Save $10 on your next shopping order" coupon in my hot little hands.

    Among my purchase were two cans of White Cheddar Pringles, which unexpectedly rang up at 59¢ instead of $1. I ended up spending a total of $4.18 to get the $10 coupon, which equals a profit of $5.82.

    By Blogger Frugal Frugalson, at 11/7/06, 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home