Picking up Nickels

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nov 16 Issue T-Bills: 4 Week Yield (5.37%) Leads the Pack

Wow, T-Bills are competitive again! I just bought a 28 T-Bill, my first T-Bill purchase since late August.

For November 16 issue T-Bills, the yield for 4 week T-Bills (5.37%) topped both 3 month (5.19%) and 6 month bills (5.22%).

Using the new and improved handy T-bill tax equivalent yield spreadsheet (courtesy of the FatWallet discussion on Treasury Bills), I'm happy to see that my tax equivalent yield for this bill will be 5.67%. As long as T-Bill rates continue to be attractive, I will probably make another T-Bill purchase when this one matures on December 14th.

3 Comments:

  • Glad you found the spreadsheet that mariojm, engineer, and I developed. May I ask how you found out about it ?

    By Blogger goldsheet, at 11/18/06, 5:48 PM  

  • Welcome goldsheet! :)

    I have been following the T-Bill discussion at FatWallet for about 7 months now (see
    T-Bills: An Alternative to CDs), and have been plugging the various incarnations of the spreadsheet every time I blog about T-Bills.

    I have learned a lot about T-Bills from the FatWallet topic and appreciate your contributions to the discussion and tools.

    By Blogger Frugal Frugalson, at 11/18/06, 8:44 PM  

  • Thanks for posting, I hadn't been following those as of late and will now go check it out!

    By Blogger Please Read, at 11/19/06, 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home