Picking up Nickels

Friday, October 01, 2010

Former MBNA Bill Pay Choice finally getting the axe

When I predicted the death of the great MBNA billpay functionality when it was integrated into to the Bank of America family in 2006, I had no idea that my prediction would finally be correct four long years later.

I unfortunately received this letter from Bank of America last week:



So it looks like I will have to actually pay my mortgage and credit cards with actual cash from my bank accounts now. Thank you MBNA/Bank of America, it's been a great ride. Heck, I may even toss back a Schlitz Tall Boy in honor of Matthew Schlitz! :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I am also a long time user of this service and am very sad that it is gone. Any suggestions of an alternative. I have already tried Chase and Discover. Discover has nothing and Chase's service is very weak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/10, 9:32 PM  

  • Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any comparable service out there. This was a great deal, and I have no idea how or why BOA kept it alive as long as it did.

    By Blogger Frugal Frugalson, at 11/15/10, 7:39 AM  

  • I'm wondering just how hard it would be to build a facebook version of billpay where the users themselves maintain the links and routing info. I'm guessing that the main cost associated with bill pay choice was in keeping up with the various changes from the merchant side.

    By Anonymous braymer, at 1/10/11, 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home